Inform | Inspire | Integrate
Inform: What needs to be done to restore and maintain health.
Inspire: What changes are needed to support optimal health.
Integrate: Creating optimal health.
Integrative Cardiology Consultations
- Integrative health solutions using a holistic approach to health and well-being. A process I call restorative health.
- Cardiovascular wellness solutions that prevent and reverse heart disease.
- Management of cardiovascular risk factors such as diabetes, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol and weight management.
- Embraces the natural healing capacity starting with natural remedies that support health and healing.
- Emphasizes the importance of healing the body, mind and spirit for optimal health
Integrative Health and Healing Consultations
An innovative, multidisciplinary and collaborative care model focusing on health restoration. Our holistic and integrative practitioners are ready to partner with you on your health journey. Our team is led by integrative medicine and naturopathic physicians who work with an assortment of gifted healers prepared to help heal from the inside out.
- Integrative medicine physicians (MD/DO)
- Naturopathic physicians (ND)
- Traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture (RAc)
- Dietitians, nutritionists and nutrition health coaches
- Professional health coaching
- Movement and somatic awareness specialists
- Massage therapy
- Energy and spiritual medicine
For more information contact the office location nearest you to learn more about services offered at that location.
EndoPAT™: Finding Vascular Disease Before It Finds You!
This 15 minute test is performed just like taking a blood pressure but much more information is obtained. This test assesses the health of the lining of your blood vessels, otherwise known as endothelial function. The healthier your endothelial function the lower the risk for heart attacks, strokes, poor circulation, gangrene and many other chronic conditions.
- It is safe and simple
- Highly accurate and reproducible
- Scientifically validated
- Requires no medications or radiation exposure
Learn more about the EndoPAT™ test
The average adult has over 100,000 miles of blood vessels contained in their body. These vessels provide the nutrients to the cells, tissues and organs of the body. The lining of these vessels is called the endothelium. A healthy endothelium is responsible for the delivery of nutrients and removal of unwanted toxins from each and every cell of the body. These cells become sick when blood flow is impaired as a result of endothelial dysfunction, which can lead to a multitude of chronic adverse health conditions such as heart disease and neurodegenerative disorders like dementia.
Be pro-active in reducing your risk for heart disease and many other chronic health conditions.
Who should take the EndoPAT™ test
The earlier you diagnose a cardiac condition and initiate a cardio-protective program, the better off you are. Typical candidates include men between the ages of 40 and 70 and women between the ages of 50 to 70 with one or more of the following risk factors for heart disease:
- Cigarette smoking
- Elevated cholesterol level
- Family history of heart disease (sudden death, heart attack, or need for angioplasty or bypass surgery) in a first-degree male relative (parents or siblings) 55 years old or less, or a first-degree female relative 65 years old or less.
- High blood pressure
- Sedentary lifestyle
If you have multiple risk factors, or one particularly severe risk factor, you need to talk to your physician about earlier intervention. For example, if you are a 35-year-old male and your father died at the age of 41 of a heart attack, an EndoPAT test would be warranted.
If you have a genetic markers that predicts increased risk for cardiovascular disease then period surveillance of endothelial function may be warranted.
If you are interested in pursuing health optimization then screening can be done at any age.
Follow these simple instructions:
- Take your normal medications
- Avoid eating at least 4 hours prior to the test
- Avoid coffee, tea, soft drinks containing caffeine, energy drinks, chocolate, or orange juice for 12 hours prior to the test
What does the EndoPAT™ test cost
The test is not yet covered by insurance. Our charge is $250.
Contact the office location nearest you to schedule your EndoPAT™ test today.
BEMER Physical Vascular Therapy
Whether you are an elite athlete seeking to optimize performance or interested in general wellness, BEMER can be for you.
BEMER Physical Vascular Therapy is a unique signal delivered by pulsed electromagnetic frequency that has been shown to enhance:
- General blood flow
- The body’s nutrient and oxygen supply and waste disposal
- Cardiac function
- Physical fitness, endurance, strength, and energy
- Concentration, mental acuity, stress reduction and relaxation
- Sleep management
*Dr. David Johnson is an Independent BEMER Distributor.
* David Johnson, MD is an independent practitioner at Grand Rapids Natural Health and Sleeping Bear Natural Health.